♦ Establishment in the year : 2011-12
♦ Sanctioned Intake : 60
♦ Increase Intake by 60 : 2012-2013
♦ NAAC Accreditation Status : Yes
♦ Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2011 and a B.E. degree course Mechanical Engineering
started with an intake of 60 and further it increases to 120 with the objective of imparting quality
educationin the field of Mechanical Engineering.
♦ The focus of the department is towards research and training activity based on advanced
manufacturing processes and production, in the field of mechanical designing software, computational fluid dynamics,etc.
♦ The Department has its own departmental Library with a rich collection of books to serve as a ready source of information. With a team of experienced
& well-qualified faculty members, the department moulds its students according to the present industrial requirements in various domains such as
production, material science, design, ergonomics, so as to provide better employment opportunities. The department of Mechanical Engineering
in TGPCET possesses a faculty team of experienced & well-qualified professors, well acquainted with deep subject knowledge, commitment
to disseminate quality & value-based education in technical subjects. All faculties work hard on student to meet the requirement of market and
groom the student to be job friendly.
♦ The Department imparts high class training & research, providing state of the art practical knowledge to
♦ It also promotes active industry-institute collaboration by identifying areas of interest and taking part in sponsored research
projects, organizing workshops, STTP’s and involving in live projects.
♦ To achieve above objects our designed program requires each student to undergo industrial training at the end of 6th Sem. The students carry out mini projects, dissertations during the Pre-Final Year, and undertake a 6-month project during the Final Year. To add value to the program, the department organizes industrial visits and expert lectures on emerging trends by eminent personalities from industry and academia.
♦ The Department gives an exposure for Consultancy works. The department guides to the students for post graduate (GATE, CAT) entrance exam and various public sector examinations by means of
special coaching and expert lectures.
Way of Learning:
Beyond the regular academic classes and activities, the department also is active in: -
1. Class room demonstrations, videos, LCD presentations of their course modules and latest trends in Mechanical engineering supplement the curriculum.
2. The Department encourages the students to participate in Paper presentations which further consolidate their knowledge of subjects and enhance knowledge application skills
3. IEI student’s chapter is installed through which lectures of eminent engineers, workshops, seminars and short term training programs are organized. IEI also provides funds for the research activities.
4. Field visits under the supervision of knowledgeable faculty are arranged for the early exposure to industries for students.
Major Groups / Areas:
1. Heat Transfer
2. Mechanical Measurement and Metrology
3. Computer Aided Analysis and Design.
4. Machine Drawing lab.
5. Engineering Metallurgy
6. Refrigeration and air Conditioning Lab
7. Production Technology
8. I.C Engine Lab/ Energy Conversion
9. Mechatronics Lab
10. Automation in Production & CNC Lab
11. Dynamics of Machine
12. Work Shop
Expertise in Research and Consultancy:
1. Computer Aided Manufacturing
2. Engine Testing
4.Hydraulics and Pneumatic Control Systems
5. Computer Aided Design
The Department has well-established laboratories in subjects of Heat Transfer, Mechanical Measurement and Metrology, Computer Aided Analysis
and Design, Machine Drawing lab, Engineering Metallurgy, Refrigeration and air Conditioning Lab, Energy conversion, I.C Engine Lab,
Mechatronics Lab, Automation in Production Lab, Dynamics of machine, Work Shop. The department also maintains a well-equipped
audio - visual room, wall-charts demonstrating various Mechanical Engineering theories and techniques.
It also has an e-library & e-journals for references.