Department of Civil Engineering was established in 2009 with a degree course in Civil Engineering with an intake of 60 students for graduate course & later on intake of 24 students for Post graduation in Structural Engineering and 60 students for Diploma in civil Engineering. Civil Engineering is considered as one of the oldest engineering disciplines. Civil Engineering involves planning, designing and executing structural works. The profession deals with a wide variety of engineering tasks including designing, supervision and constructional activities of public works like roads, bridges, tunnels, buildings, airports, dams, water works, sewage systems, ports etc. and offers a multitude of challenging career opportunities. The Department is dedicated to consultancy, educational research, and an exposure of students to the trends of development in the field of Planning, Designing & Execution to meet the needs of the construction industry, consultancies and research organizations in India and abroad. The department of Civil Engineering in TGPCET possesses a faculty team of experienced & well-qualified professors, well acquainted with deep subject knowledge, commitment to disseminate quality & value-based education in technical subjects. All faculties work hard on student to meet the requirement of market and groom the student to be job friendly.
To achieve above objects our designed program requires each student to undergo industrial training at the end of 6th Sem. The students carry out mini projects, dissertations during the Pre-Final Year, and undertake a 6-month project during the Final Year. To add value to the program, the department organizes industrial visits and expert lectures on emerging trends by eminent personalities from industry and academia. The Department gives an exposure for Consultancy works. The department guides to the students for post graduate (GATE, CAT) entrance exam and various public sector examinations by means of special coaching and expert lectures.
Way of Learning:
Beyond the regular academic classes and activities, the department also is active in: -
1. Class room demonstrations, videos, LCD presentations of their course modules and latest trends in civil engineering supplement the curriculum.
2. A wide Scope for research & development is encouraged to provide better employment opportunities.
3. IEI student’s chapter is installed through which lectures of eminent engineers, workshops, seminars and short term training programs are organized. IEI also provides funds for the research activities.
4. Field visits are arranged for the early exposure to industries for students.
Major Groups / Areas:
1. Structural Engineering.
2. Computer Aided Analysis and Design.
3. Concrete Technology.
5. Project feasibility.
Expertise in Research and Consultancy:
1. Analysis and Design of Structures.
2. Testing of Concrete, Building materials and Metals.
3. Concrete Composites, Mix Design etc.